Schedule a Session
Whether you've survived a horrific trauma, want to learn how to cope with the unrelenting demands of day-to-day life, or just need to process your thoughts and feelings, counseling is for you. This is true if you're saving lives in the medical profession, serving others in the nonprofit or ministry world, studying as a student, parenting children at home, crunching numbers behind a desk, or anywhere in-between. The benefits of counseling are for everyone.
Starting takes courage. But the ability to better handle stress, find relief, and increase confidence is worth it.
Find answers to questions about what to expect, insurance, and more below.
Want to Schedule Immediately?
Schedule a 60-minute Therapy Intake appointment online.
WHAT TO EXPECT AT YOUR INTAKE
A Therapy Intake is a relaxed initial meeting for us to get to know one another and cover the logistics of the counseling process. It can take some time to warm up to a stranger and share intimate details of your life, so we will follow your pace in the beginning. You can share as much or as little information about your life as you are comfortable sharing.
Intake paperwork will be sent to you electronically through our client portal system, and it is expected that all intake paperwork is completed before your session. This helps us learn more about you and also helps you prepare for our first meeting.
INVEST IN YOUR HEALTH
Statement on Insurance
Willow Counseling is considered an out-of-network mental health provider, meaning we do not accept insurance directly. We can accept HSA cards or provide a superbill for you to submit to your insurance provider. Reimbursement from your insurance is dependent on the coverage provided by your insurance policy for out-of-network mental health providers. Some policies will reimburse you for out-of-network visits, either partially or in full, so it is worth contacting them to find out.
NASHVILLE CRISIS RESOURCES
If you need immediate help, you can get support in the following ways:
- Call the 24/7 TN Statewide Crisis Phone Line at 855-CRISIS-1 (855-274-7471) to speak with trained and supportive crisis counselors.
- Text HOME to 741741 for free, 24/7, confidential crisis support through the Crisis Text Line.
- Call the 24/7 Davidson County Crisis Phone Line at 615-726-0125 to speak with a triage counselor who will assist you in determining immediate action steps.
- For a crisis with minors, call the Mobile Crisis Line at 866-791-9222.
- Visit the 24-hour walk-in crisis center located at 250 Cumberland Bend, Nashville, TN 37228.
- For immediate help concerning sexual assault, call the Sexual Assault Center 24/7 Crisis and Support Line at 800-879-1999.
- For a domestic violence crisis, call the YW Domestic Violence Center Crisis and Support Help Line at 800-334-4628.