Meet the Staff
Amanda Roman, LPC-MHSP
- EMDRIA Certified in Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR) | additional EMDR training in attachment, intensives, dissociation, and recent critical events
- Somatic Experiencing practitioner, Intermediate level
- Certified Clinical Trauma Professional through the International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Certified Compassion Fatigue Professional through the International Association of Trauma Professionals
- Training in Assessing and Managing Suicide Risk (AMSR)
- Approved LPC-MHSP Supervisor - State of TN
- Approved EMDR Consultant - International
Education and Credentials
- Licensed Professional Counselor - Mental Health Service Provider Designation (LPC-MHSP), TN License #3584
- National Certified Counselor (NCC), Certification #31045
- MEd in Professional Counseling with an emphasis in Mental Health Counseling, Middle Tennessee State University
- BSFCS in Child & Family Studies, Baylor University
- I am a Licensed Professional Counselor with a Mental Health Service Provider designation, and I practice from a place of compassion and hope. I have the strength of seeing the best in people and recognizing those small glimpses of growth and change, even in the hard places.
- I am a rare Nashville native who grew up in a time where Opryland existed and rush hour traffic on I-65 did not.
- I am steady, calm and kind but also deliberate and determined, serious about my roles as counselor, mother, wife and friend.
- I find joy in the thrill of a trail run, cooking meals bursting with color, a good cup of coffee, and savoring both the playful and tender moments with my children, who are constantly teaching me what it means to live in the moment and without inhibition.